28 June 2008

the SMELLS of country

What are the smells of Country?? Well today the boys and I were walking down to grammas house and just as I passed the older counseling center by Kim Actons mothers house I sensed the smell of country. (For those of who are lost the story is located in Blanding 200 west and barely south of 200 north.) Kylan was ahead a bit riding his totally awesome Spider Man bike he got for his birthday and Christian was about a block behind crying because it was hot. But just as this sense hit me I had to pause... Me and Taygen (not willingly because he was in the stroller) stopped to take in the smells of our country. The neighborhood dogs barked just across the street from the large pine tree they were tied to, the house on the corner was watering their garden and you could smell the musty sweet scent of water hitting our desert dirt. The smells of pine trees and sage brush and wet dirt and roses and freshly mowed grass and someone grillin' and sweat (because it is 95 degrees today) and alfalfa and life itself filled the air on that one block for just a brief moment today. It did last long but long enough for one espicially grouchy old me to relize I live in the country and it's the best spot to be!! I am no hick... but a small town girl livin' in a small town world is just right for me. That's all I have to say for now. I'll post some pix later because I didn't bring my phone with me to work and I can't download on the state computer. Hope to see you all again soon! Love ya much.
Debra

No comments: