07 July 2008

*BOOM* 4th of July sounds from beginning to End

The phone rings and rings and rings and no one picks up. Where the heck is Travis and why isn't he here to get me? Call mom - same thing no answer. So what is there to do... walk(ugh!) 6 o'clock in the morning just getting off work, not my idea of exercise. I'm thinking Trav will show up before I get to the baseball park. *BOOM* 4th of July cannon goes off - first shot ball field, scares me to death (not literally) - still no Trav. He'll get me before I get to Hunt's house. Nope. He'll show up any time now. Still wishin and hopin... He'll be coming just over that hill (now passing Don Smith's home)... NADA! I try calling again but guess what my phone is dead now. He'll be coming I just know it! The hill by Wilcox's house will kill ya(especially that early in the morning). *BOOM* strike 2 still jumped just a bit. Hey look I made it to center street. I must be walking very slow 'cause the early morning runners for the annual 4th of July 5k run just passed by. RRRG - he'll be coming. Long walk short I make it all the way to JJ Bradford's house (1 block and 1/2 before my house) and Denise - lady I work with - see's me and gives me a ride. LoL it was a long day after that.

After arriving (FINALLY) at home I see Trav in the kitchen talking to his brother. He totally forgot about me :( Laid on my bed, closed my eyes just about to drift to sleep when *BOOM* cannon strike #3 sounds like it's right next to the house. Must've been woke all the kids. Rrrrg dang tradition. Christian and Kylan rode their bikes in the parade and of course dad did his thing with the Gadiaton band. Mom, Trav, Taygen and me kicked it at the church up under the trees this year which ended up being a good thing. The firemen were a little water happy this year. They sprayed the water from the main truck drenching everyone the was on the rode, on the sidewalk and in the parade all the way up the block. LoL the ambulance was right behind them and they just politely sat there with their windshield wipers going. Mom ditches parade 15 minutes early to get in Salvation Bradfords line for her wonderful Phillipian food and shishkabobs!!! MMMMM!!! (maybe it was a good thing I walked this morning from all that good food I ate!??!) Mom and Dad took Taygen home after eating, me and Kylan went around to all the games/booths, Christian went diving for dollars (he only got 1) and Travis played in the volleyball tournament. I honestly thought his team wouldn't make it but they made it into the finals (then lost!!!) me and the kids took a short nap (2 hrs) that's way short for me! Me and Travis and the kids met his family down at Centennial park to eat. Scouts had made BBQ sandwhiches with chili, chips, and pop for 6 bucks a plate. Just Ok. We were sitting and waiting and waiting for the fireworks. Some band named Crossroads? is the entertainment for the evening. Kylan and Taygen start to get fussy. So I call mom. She gets us and we go to her house.

Sit outside for about 35 minutes laying on the grass looking at the stars and talking with Kylan and mom. *BOOM - CRACKLE - POP* "Is that the fireworks?" can't see them from usual spot because Andrea's house is in the way... hurry and move over by tramp. Kylan is scared at first then the rest of the times it, "pretty" "look mommy yellow" "wow" "see, see" "whoa" "oo" "look taygie see" ya Taygen even watched the pretty crackling in the sky. Well it's now 1030 and Trav forgot me again. SOOO, dad takes us home. Just as I get Taygen ready for bed he pukes all over *yuck* get things cleaned up, get him to sleep, get Kylan in bed, I myself hit the haysak BUT I looked at the clock. 1145 :( I have to get up for work in 45 min.

LoL it's amazing how we just go and go and go. Writing it now I still can't believe I made it through the day and my next shift even without dropping like a dead fly. Anyway - we had a good Independance day and hope you did too.

Deb


(Left: Christian and Kylan end of parade on bikes. Right: Morning sunrise on my walk home.)

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hey, thanks for the 4th of July update! Made me homesick... Just like Jen, craving a Navajo taco.

Love,
rob