07 July 2008

It's raining It's pouring the old man is snoring...

I could smell the rain since the middle of last night. Yet there were no clouds in the sky above or anywhere around. But I knew it was there. And sure enough we didn't just get the rain we got hail. Kylan thought it was snowing. It rained for a good 30 minutes. Then sprinkle off and on the rest of the day. Well at least that's what happened on my end of town. Mom doesn't recall getting any rain. (Of course she's been in bed for the last week sick with crud which she just found out tonight is moving into pneumonia.) And the thunderstorm was freaky. I saw lightning out of the corner of my eye and before I could even think to count the loud booming of thunder rattled our windows. And then there was another lightning and this one much closer. Then there was this loud crackling pop right behind my head and the tv/stereo/dvd system shut off. It happened all in just a second. I saw the lightning heard the crackling pop and by pop I don't mean like pop the cork out of a bottle kind of pop it was like blowing up a glass bottle like a Sobe Bomb kind of pop then the power (just down stairs-which is the weird thing) went off and back on. Was I struck by lightning? Well whatever happened. TV still works just fine. We got rain. and Everything, everyone is doing great. It's raining it's pouring the old man it's snoring. Bumped his head went to bed didn't wake up til morning.

No comments: